Our network

Wood burning stove causes fire at Alexandria house | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Wood burning stove causes fire at Alexandria house
News


ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WUSA9) -- The chimney of a wood burning stove caused a single-family home to catch on fire in the Alexandria area on Tuesday, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue said. 

Officials said the home is located at 6414 Casperson Road. When crews got to the scene they found smoke and fire coming from the chimney and attic of the home. They were able to quickly put out the fire and make sure everyone was out of the home. 

Residents were alerted of the fire by smoke alarms. Red Cross offered to help the residents, however they declined help. Nobody was hurt in the fire. 

Damages are estimated at $70,000. Investigators say this fire was accidental and started in the chimney of a wood burning stove. 

Like this story? Like us on Facebook 

 


News

Alexandria Deals

Alexandria Businesses