Our network

Overheated cooking oil causes Alexandria house fire | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Overheated cooking oil causes Alexandria house fire
News


ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WUSA9) -- Two adults and four children have been displaced after overheated cooking oil on a stove caused an Alexandria fire, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue, said.

The fire happened at 7300 Eastgate Lane around 1:55 p.m., officials said.

When crews got to the scene smoke was coming from the three-story townhouse. The three people who were at home were able to get out unharmed.

Officials said the home had working smoke alarms, however the occupants escaped after smelling smoke. A total of two adults and four children have been displaced. They declined help from the Red Cross. Nobody was injured.

Damages are estimated at $94,000.

Like this story? Like us on Facebook


News