Our network

2 displaced in accidental Alexandria house fire | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

2 displaced in accidental Alexandria house fire
News


ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WUSA9) -- An unattended burner on a gas stovetop inside of an Alexandria home caused a fire over the weekend, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department said.

The fire happened at the home located at 8077 Buckman Court around 12:30 a.m., according to officials. The house suffered major damage and left two people displaced. A neighbor reported the fire when they saw smoke coming from their kitchen sink.

Nobody was inside of the home when the fire started, according to officials. There were no injuries. The house was a complete lose, officials added.

Like this story? Like us on Facebook

RELATED:

Dozens displaced by two-alarm fire in Woodbridge

Firefighter injured in Laurel fire out of hospital

Firefighter injured while fighting Suitland fire


News