Our network

Unattended oil on stove sparks Alexandria house fire | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

Unattended oil on stove sparks Alexandria house fire
News


ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WUSA9) -- Unattended cooking oil on the stove caused an Alexandria house fire Friday, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue said.

The house fire happened around 12:20 p.m. at 7637 Kingsbury Road, according to officials.

When crews got to the scene fire was coming from the ranch-style home. The fire was quickly brought under control. One person was home when the fire started and was able to get out without getting hurt, officials said. The person was not displaced.

Damages are estimated at $93,750.

Like this story? Like us on Facebook

RELATED:

Family displaced after SE DC fire

Electrical problem sparked Annapolis mansion fire


News