Alexandria Council Votes Unanimously For Trolley Service Pilot In Del Ray/Arlandria | News
ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WUSA)-- Wednesday, a pilot program to run a trolley through Del Ray, Arlandria and Rosemont was approved by the Alexandria City Council.
The council voted 7-0 for the free trolley that will start at the King Street Metro travel along Commonwealth Avenue and East Braddock Road to the Braddock Road Metro station before heading north on Mt. Vernon Avenue. Then, the trolley will turn left onto West Glebe Road, right onto Russell Road and right onto Mt. Vernon Avenue.
A contractor for the service must still be selected but officials expect the trolley to begin running in the fall. The schedule of the trolley is as follows:
- Thursdays and Fridays from 3 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Saturdays and Sundays from 11:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Funding for the new service will come from the Transportation Improvement program.
Top Alexandria Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police: Man Charged with 2nd Degree Murder in Va.
- 70 Firefighters Put Out Springfield Home Fire
- Greenspring Receives Fit-Friendly Worksites Platinum Award from the American Heart Association
- Springfield Man Charged For Producing Child Pornography
- 1 Teen Convicted, 2 Teens Plead Guilty In Sex On Camera Case